This Friday I had a presentation of my pink skirt project in 3D design class. Under three weeks we worked on draping a skirt straight on the form, first in muslin and then we had to choose a suitable fabric. I went a little over board on an expensive cashmere but I did really want it to be pink.
Draping on a model is so much more understandable than working with flat patterns. You understand the shapes and its consequences a lot more. As you might have seen I had a little breakdown earlier this week resulting in tea stains all over the skirt. They are still there, but at least they are harder to see now after a cold hand wash - cashmere is sensitive to washing so I did not dare wash it in a laundromat. At least now I know better than to transport any liquid together with one of my precious project in the same bag. You live and you learn. 😉